I have a very similar with the same boat, an O'Day Tempest.
Having just purchased the boat and sanding it for bottom paint I found a poor faring job between the keel and hull that let water in. A couple of blisters were detected too so this is my plan to fix it:
- Remove all the old faring job I can get off.
- Dry the area as much as possible, perhaps using a heat gun briefly.
- Sand and prime the keel with INTERLUX Promocon
- Sand the hull.
- Use INTERLUX Watertite Epoxy Filler Interprotect to fill the space, seal the area.
I also plan to use it to fill any area, above and below the waterline, that needs the gel coat touched up. I'd like the hull to be smooth.
- Sand hull smooth.
- Use INTERLUX Interprotect 2000E Barrier Coat below the entire waterline.
- Use INTERLUX VC-17M for bottom paint.
I've chosen to use all Interlux to ensure there are no unintended chemical reactions and yes, I plan to take at least 5 to 7 working days to get the done as I do not want to have to revisit this problem again.
Any old Salts out there with thoughts on the plan and/or products?
What advice would you offer?