SailNet Community - View Single Post - Norwalk CT
Thread: Norwalk CT
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
It has literally been 30 years since I docked in Norwalk. My Father kept a boat there for several years back then. I have been back to the city (SoNo), which is a whole lot nicer these days then it was back then. Lots of great bars and restaurants and I've been to the IMAX as well.

Rex Marine was a staple back then and I understand it still is. It is also on the same side of the river as where you will want to go. The town docks were over the bridge, which isn't that big of a deal. It's walkable. I would question how quiet the town docks are at night, but my recollection is quite dated.

I wonder if they still have the Oyster Festival each year at the town park. A classic summer memory of boating with my family.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook