SailNet Community - View Single Post - Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011

windyway is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecraftydude View Post
I found the pic of the keel cable pulley adapter you made, I think, in an earlier thread/ page.

Is the part sticking out of the hull under the floor just threaded into the hull?

You mentioned welding the nut on the bracket to fit the cable guide and another nut welded on for the forward mount?

This is a complicated fix for a newbie like myself.

There are enough people having this problem to warrant a complete start to finish video or pics to link to in forum.
The cable housing sticking out under the floor is screwed into the nut welded on the back part of the bracket in the upper part of the keel,and another nut screwed (from the inside, under the floor) with washers and 3M sealant to captivate it. The forward nut is welded on the top inside of the bracket (it helps to captivate the cable from coming off the pulley) Then a bolt with washer & sealant screws into that from under the floor. The problem with a video or more pics is the job is done & the boat is finished. I'd have to take it all apart again. I'm not going to do that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook