SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Aground In Annapolis, MD- Can someone help this man
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Plenty of jerkiness here to go 'round. Not clear from the article whether the sailboat owner accepted responsibility for the damage and indicated he intended to make good, or just used the lack of insurance as an "oops." If the latter, I could understand the powerboat owner's frustration, although it in no way excuses his bad behavior. I suppose the powerboat owner could go to his own insurance company for the repair, then let the company and their army of lawyers try to recoup from the sailboat owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethecobbler View Post
I read the comments of the readers on the linked sight and one poster indicated he had first hand knowledge of the parties involved and stated the damage amounted to a scratched or bent bow rail.
The article indicated a "marine appraiser" estimated the damage at $4K.

Quote:
Also the injured party had come out on the dock and "yelled " at the grounded vessel's owner on numerous occasions and summonded the coast guard on more han one occasion hampering and delaying the efforts of the stranded vessel's crew/owner to effect the recovery !
What's wrong w/ people ?
Just inexcuseable! It sounds like the sailboat owner is indeed making a diligent effort, and has been responsive to things like the possibility of leaking fuel. But calling the Coast Guard? Repeatedly? Really, don'cha think there are smarter ways to spend their time?

Quote:
This was obviously a misfortunate situation and not an intended action.
And a beautiful craft as well, I hope it gets floated. And it would be correct to see the damaged party made whole again as well, even if he seems to be acting a bit poorly.
just my observation.
Totally agree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook