SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cooper 416
Thread: Cooper 416
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011

SVEtosha is on a distinguished road
Hi Doug,

Thanks for reply. Having owned a 416 since 89 you must be very happy with her?

I would appreciate your feedback on the following if that is possible.

I like the pilothouse look but am not sure if the windows are to big. As I will be doing a lot of bluewater sailing in the south pacific & southern areas of Australia I will encounter big seas. Do you think the windows are up to it?

Where do you keep your propane tanks?

I was under the impression that Cooper sold the molds to Bayliner in 81 after a fire at the factory & from that date the Cooper 416 was made with the name US42. Is this correct or is yours a genuine Cooper 416 which goes against the reviews I have read?

Yes, some have single & others twin spreaders. Which is the same with the bbackstay. Does your 416 have a single or twin backstay?

Others have said that the tanks can split & then big problems to fix them. Have you encountered this problem & if so what was your problem & how did you fix it?

As I will be doing extended cruising, do you think your water & fuel tankage is surficient? I am thinking that more water would be good. I noticed uyou have extra water in the v-berth. Is there other areas where another water tank could be placed?

The other choice is to install a water maker. Is there room for this to be done?

The photos of your 416 show her a a very lovely yacht, congrats. I do not see any solar panels or wind genny. What & how many batteries do you have & what do you use for charging them up?

You mentioned growth on the hull. Is this due to the beam?

I am 6' 3'' tallso am wondering what sort of headroom do you have in the fwd cabin, head, saloon, galley area & the aft cabin?

Is the chain locker very big? How much chain/warp do you carry there?

Sure to have other questions but wont bother you with them all at once.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Tony.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook