SailNet Community - View Single Post - Checking out or inspecting a $3-6K boat?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by olson34 View Post
An old ODay was originally never equal to a Tartan, CS, Ericson, or similar, but it was above some other low end hulls. It's price reflected that, then and likely now, too.
So, like what factual proof would support of the quoted statement?
I've seen allot of "old" Odays and own one of course.

DG, possibly you could put this post on the Oday forum to get realistic opinions about them. Which model is the boat your looking at?

It's important to know your own limitations in knowledge and experience or get a survey or at least some sailnetters in your area to come look. Really cheap boats of ANY mfg, can be money pits for sure. In actual experience I've found that most boats are just left for years and years and were nice boats before the owners lost interest. a few things about "old" boats.. many were very heavily built because builders were still in the wood mindset when FG came onto scene. Soft decks are found on ALL boats even newer ones. water is most often rain water that entered the boat from neglect. Many boats have interiors that are "trashed" which is not difficult to fix. There are thousands of boats out there... so take your time in your search, you will find her eventually.

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook