SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau 42 DS Comissioning
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Paulo,

It has been posted on the JO site. I have not looked over there in the last 10 or so hours to see if anyone has posted an opin or equal. That site can be pretty slow at times.

My own opin here, it either was not put on correctly from the get go, by either the dealer or where it was made, ie J US in South Carolina, or J Fr. As I can not remember if 42's are made in SC, I thought it was only the 36i and 39i hulls. The 42 and larger I beleive are made in Fr, then shipped here via on there own hull or freighter.

My other thought, Assuming made in SC, they put it int he water correctly, it was shipped on its hull south to Miami, somewhere the delivery capt ran aground, damage as shown occured, and half ass fix was down or not at all. If built in Fr, sailed across Atlantic, ran aground tween there and here, again fix half assed done or not at all.

If truck from SC to Miami, the keel is not attached at Jeanneau plant, Dealer installs keel, during a test sail, boat runs aground, "assuming the OP is not the buyer before the hull was manufactured and has bought a in stock boat" Dealer has not fixed or did a half assed fix. Another, dealer did not install keel correctly, or where the boat was splashed, the trip to the dealer water yard the boat ran aground, not fixed as of yet......

Local dealers splash yard if you will is 80 miles north of the Seattle in water sales place, so I do feel a grounding from work yard to in water sales yard could occur. or other options.

I also feel things like this occur to the best of us, like me last night running aground during a race. The issue appears to be VERY fixable. Of which, the dealer needs to make good on this at the very least, then Jeanneau America to France, depending upon the where the boat was manufactured, how delivered etc, ASSUMING the boat is new never owned. If used......whole nother issue!

Marty