SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Aground In Annapolis, MD- Can someone help this man
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Glad to see it. I hope he can at least find some liability insurance on his old boat, since a boat like that can do some serious damage.

I tried to get to my boat yesterday and couldn't. We normally have 6' tidal swings, but it was up to 8', and was even higher than NOAA's 7' spring tide prediction. I was wondering if someone was emptying a big reservoir upriver, since there had been no recent rainfall or winds pushing the water in.

When I parked my car the water was into the parking lot about 18" past the end of the dock. I quickly changed my shoes and went back to the dock expecting to hop the 18" but it had moved to about 6' from the dock. It was still about 30 minutes to high tide, so I gave up and left because I did not want to wait over an hour for it to recede.

FYI, here's how it looked in Annapolis:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook