SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello / New to Sailing
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011

trumpthegoat is on a distinguished road
Hello / New to Sailing

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say Hello. I am hoping to get into sailing this summer! I'm not really sure why, but recently my desire to sail has exploded out of no where. I learned a bit when I was a kid flying a sunfish around and 'two manning' a laser with my friend... but any little knowledge learned then is long gone. To be fair, we were happy to successfully coordinate one good tack.

Anyway, I've appreciated lurking around and reading all your posts. It's been educational and interesting so I thought I'd hop in. I picked up a copy of Seidman's The Complete Sailor and it's been a good read so far. Seems a lot like a Stick and Rudder for sailing, for any of you who are sky friendly...

My goal is to buy a small (~22ft) day cruiser in the next couple years and live it up. I am moving to Massachusetts (currently in upstate NY) in the fall, so I'm a little scared I will never be able to afford a place to put her out there... but that can wait for now.

edit: Guess I should add.. Any other books people would recommend reading for a rookie?

Last edited by trumpthegoat; 05-13-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook