SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau 42 DS Comissioning
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Paulo,

I wold agree, have someone from the factory or equal look at it in person, correct as needed. In a nutshell, what I have said all along, have the dealer/factory fix the issue and move on.

I still feel the boat was grounded to have "THAT" big of cracks in that area, and probably NOT disclosed or known by the dealer if a paid for delivery person moved the boat.

My last pull out did have a few cracks, yes due to some soft to med hits in sand etc, not HARD objects like rocks. Filled in, painted and moved on, as I did 3 and 6 years ago when we bought the boat. They were also NOT that big either. This does not appear to be a bad labor install.

I would also like to see the actual front bottom of the keel, that would or should show damage if a grounding occurred.

I would also say, "CRIMINAL" is not the correct use for nondisclosure of damage on something like this, as most folks, even with new boats will have a surveyor look over the boat, to see if there is any damage, non working items etc. IF OP did not hire a surveyor for his new boat, that was his non willing to pay about $400-450 to verify things were in order. No different than real estate agents recommend one have a home surveyed when shelling out these kind of bucks, euro's etc for a home.

As Hellosailor said, some states do not have laws stating disclosure, hence why BETTER dealers will suggest a survey for used, and even for a new boat.....Hence why I did not understand the initial use of "Criminal"

Marty