SailNet Community - View Single Post - Let me introduce myself
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

Great to see you here. What model Mac 26 did you buy? D, S, X, or M?
Iv'e got a S myself. There is a lot of great information here as well as a few other sites that are a little more Mac specific.

Fair winds & congrats on your installation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbkroxie View Post
Just found this site this morning, and want to introduce myself as a fellow female sailor. Hello all!

I haven't been sailing long, took a lesson and got hooked. I wanted to buy a a small trailerable sailboat, but husband was not at all interested, in fact he was against the whole idea. We have owned boats in the past and he just didn't want to have to "wrench" on another one. So I decided to buy one myself, and do all the work myself. He was OK with that.

So I bought a 26 foot Macgregor and even he is enjoying it! It is helping us to learn and allowing us more time on the water. We are both taking sailing lessons and eventually want enough experience to be able to charter boats. BVI here we come!

The best part about all of this however, is that for the first time in my life I am doing it all. Intimidating, but also fun. I've learned to use power tools! I built a lazarette floor, installed laminate flooring, installed a water tank and new electric faucet, and am currently putting in a sound system. He is not "taking charge", so I am learning to do it myself. He offers advise, and that is great. And when I run into trouble he chuckles, because he's been there himself.

Looking forward to sharing experiences with others!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook