SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cape Charles, Va
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
We opted to stay at Bay Creek Marina last year on our Southern bay cruise instead of Cape Charles, for several reasons...one being it was hot as hell and the kids wanted to go swimming...docking between two work boats wasn't what the admiral desired either . I have heard they were planning to fix up the public docks though?

BCM is very nice, reminds me of what homes in Bermuda would look like. The cleanest and swankiest bathrooms I've ever seen in a marina. The pool was silly small compared to the resort. The restaurant was okay, but consider I can be tough customer to please. The marina has floating dock and is looks new, and its big (a bike would have been nice...maybe a golf cart LOL). Oh...and that channel up into the creek and marina...a good 30 +/- minutes or more, and not one I would want to do in any kind of rough weather...and we only draw 4'!!!

I wouldn't go back to BCM, next time we're south we will stay in Cape Charles for sure...I was bummed we never got into the town...oh well, next time

A few pics of the marina:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Photo by Joe McCary

Last edited by T37Chef; 05-16-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook