SailNet Community - View Single Post - C27 (1973) hole above keel
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011

tbarcia is on a distinguished road
Yes, she is on the hard and has been for at least two years. I'm told that it came to the marina under it's own power but the condition of the diesel inboard is unknown.

The water was leaking out and down the keel but didn't start until I accidentally stepped in the accumulated water inside so I must have moved whatever covered the hole and kept it from draining.

I didn't take any pictures because they're asking $2000 for the boat and as soon as I saw the standing water, I knew it wasn't worth that. It wasn't until I was back home (an hour away) that I thought to offer $200 just to see if they'd let it go that cheap.

Honestly, I'm not in a rush to go sailing as much as to be able to use it as a place to stay on weekends. Considering that it took 3 hours to get my 18' powerboat cleaned up after it had been properly put away for the winter, I imagine I've got at least a month of weekends until I'm ready to think about sleeping on this thing.

My longer term goal is for my fiance and I to spend extended periods aboard sailing the coast until we're ready to upgrade to something we can live aboard full time. That's the retirement plan tho, and I've got more than 20yrs until that plan goes into action...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook