SailNet Community - View Single Post - Family's 1st cruise - Eastern US for a year?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011

captiantim68 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to captiantim68
My wife and I are currently living on our boats with our 3 kids in preparation for a 5 year cruise.

If you pack up your wife and kids and throw them onto a boat and leave everything they love behind you might want to leave them packed because they will be leaving soon.

On the other hand from experience that if you break them in slow living on a boat can be a challenge for any family it can be made too be heaven or hell depending onn how well you and your family have planed together, it can not be just dads dream.

My kids have desided that there is no way they will become dirt dwellers ever again they love the boat and have helped plan every step of the way and are now helping repair our old sailboat 33 feet awl for a trip that will last 5 years

When it is the families dream nothing will stop you, if its just your dream get a good lawyer because your wife may get your boat inn the divorce.

One more thing to rember it does not take a huge luxury yacht to live in and sail in total comfort It will take time to figure out how to live on the boat as well, we moved everything in our boats a million times before we found the perfect spot to stow it.

45 feet is way to big for your first boat in my opinion.

Plan right and it will be the best time of your life, practice for a while first play liveaboard for a while see how it is to sleep on anchor. And then go for it.
you will love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by captiantim68; 05-18-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook