SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fender hangers...too many choices!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd22 View Post
Dhays- my wife feels the same way. How do you adjust those, the pics show a stopper knot behind the grommet or an eye splice. So you have to "set" these to a specific spot either with a splice or stopper and then use them in the same location on the boat each time? A clove hitch is so easy I have been resisting this (irrational) decision for years but she ends up usually being the one to hang the fenders when we go in to a slip so maybe it's time I found something that works for her.
I simply use a double half hitch. Even my wife can adjust it up or down a bit using that. (at this point all of you are wondering if she can do that, why does she want a clip to begin with? Very good question. You don't really expect a rational answer though do you?) In practice, once the fender height is set, it rarely needs to be adjusted. We use four fenders on a side. Three of the four are at the same height. It makes it really easy for her and any other crew to carry them forward, clip them on the base of the stanchion and lay them on deck, and as we get very close to the dock just kick them over the side.

I've tired a bunch of different clips. I suggest buying one set of two and giving them a try. If your wife likes them, get some more. If she doesn't, keep looking.

Dave
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook