SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau Attalia
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011

ClioOwner is on a distinguished road
Wheel v tiller

Hi

The Attalia is a very well balanced boat and a joy to sail with a tiller. Ideally it should have a tiller extension so that the helm can position him/herself to weather or to leeward depending on wind conditions. The cockpit is very ergonomic in terms of sitting in or out and bracing oneself when heeling. In F3 she goes to weather with full genoa and main in complete balance ie no weather or lee helm and I can leave the tiller to adjust a sheet or even go below for something without her wandering off track. This means too that she works well with an autopilot as the forces are low. I don't think that a wheel would be any advantage.

Regarding value for money much depends on what has been renewed aboard. There isn't a lot of difference between an early (say 1983) or late boat (1988) twenty odd years on. What matters is whether the engine, sails, rig, winches, upholstery, electronics etc have been renewed/replaced. I can't give an opinion as to whether E34,000 is a fair price. I think it might be mid range assuming some renewals /additions and good condition

I would be happy with that price for my 1984 which had a new Volvo 18 hp engine in 2004, Lewmar hatches, Harken ST winches, DSC VHF, Plotter, AIS, Navtex, EPIRB, 2011 main, cruising chute, 2010 Liferaft. I sail her in the Eastern Med for 4 months a year and I will be in Marmaris, Turkey in early June. If you are interested further you can call me on +353 87 244 6938.

Finally my interest in selling is not that I don't like the boat, I just want to buy bigger!

Regards

J
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook