SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fender hangers...too many choices!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011

L124C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Wonderful idea, when and where it is allowed. Many (most?) marina's won't allow you to permanently attached anything to wooden docks as they feel it accelerates their deterioration. Also, it doesn't solve the OPs original question/problem unless he never docked anywhere but home and never rafted to another vessel.Dave
Didn't read the whole post (or my subsequent one in which I addressed the marina issue) did ya? I suggested tying to the bottom of the stanchion if no other options are available. I eliminated my death lines years ago (a whole other thread), and therefore, have no stanchions. I go to guest docks all the time. So I assure you, other options are available. I run one fender line through a jib sheet car with a stopper knot, tie another to a shroud base, etc.. IMO, tying fenders off on lifelines is bad form. It creates unnecessary wear and tear on the life lines and stanchion/deck connection. I have to agree with a previous post which said it much more tactfully than I can. If you are trying to tie your fenders at knee height to avoid tying them off at ankle height, it might be time for a power boat!

Last edited by L124C; 05-20-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook