SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 36 1978 - opinions? problems?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011
Put some ice on that.

Pamojo is on a distinguished road
C&C 36 Review

I purchased a C&C 36 about a year ago and em really enjoying it.

I was looking for a boat I could "beer can" race and take the family or friends out for a cruise in coastal waters. The C&C has lived up to the task.

Sailing - The boat sails well in a variety of wind and wave conditions. I've taken her our in flat and calm through green water over the bow and 30 knots and am happy every time with the boat's performance. I was surprised how well the boat handled waves with a fin keel, a much smoother ride than anitcipated. It cuts and rides rather than climbs and pounds the short, steep chop of the Chesapeake. When you find the groove of the boat, she can compete with the best of them with plenty to fidget with if you choose.

Cruise - The cockpit and cabin are comfortable and well designed. Cabin table can be down and still allow easy passage through. Plenty of bunks. Cockpit that makes one feel comfortable on the water, even with kids, and roomy enough for 6. Tanks are a little small but we're never that far from services.

Happy to provide more info at request.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S/V Inconseavable
C&C 36
Norfolk, Va
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook