SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yus View Post
Dear friends I would need your support to choose the next boat for living aboard full time.
I have to tell in advance that I dont have enough time to sail far or crossing oceans. I do some nice weekend in the 40 miles radius and some holiday inthe summer, covering a distance of 400 - 500 miles. So my main use of the boat is like a house. In the beginnig I was considering to buy a new boat (azuree or opium) but now I changed idea. I'm considering to buy a Bavaria 49. I'm impressed by the space inside!
I know the quality is not comparable with Hallberg Rassy, but I would like to know some opinion regarding the safety and durability of such boats.
Do you think this is a reliable yacht or I will waste my money buying one?
The general opinion about Bavaria doesnt encourage the purchase, but what is the truth about this boat?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Regards, yus.
Yus, are you for real?

Some posts back you have said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yus View Post
.. We live aboard our blue water cruiser boat for 9 years and now it is time to buy a new different type of boat. We are very much interested in the new fast cruiser boats below 40 feet, we appreciate the concept and the main features. We need a strong and safe boat which is also suitable to live aboard. I know a 40 feet could be the best solution but our purchase budget is limited and also we need to keep low the expenses.
The Azuree 33 seems to be very attractive (I have read almost all your articles in the thread). In the same cat and range price I have found the Elan 350, which is pretty too. In a different category (cheaper also) there is the Oceanis 34, but I have some doubts about her general building quality and safety. Same feeling for the bigger sister Oceanis 37, which anyway could represent a good compromise quality-living space/price. But the first two boats are much more attractive. An other boat to investigate could be the RM 1050, but I don't know to much about this model. I don't like the galley and the front cabin. I loved the 1200 but out of range.
I would appreciate your comments about what I said and my needs. Any type of support will be more than welcome.
Yus
And now you want a Bavaria 49? what happened to the low budget? even if you are talking of an used boat the maintenance, the insurance and marina costs would be hugely superior.

You say that you have lived the last 9 years on a small boat and now you want a 49ft? Are you going to sail it alone, take it alone from the marina?

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook