SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fender hangers...too many choices!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinekinBayCD View Post
I guess I'm not understanding your issue with tieing off the fender at ankle height and having a problem holding the fender. When you are approaching most docks you are usually in a no wake zone, no? How fast are you going? At 6 knots I'm just not understanding how it could be too hard to hold a fender, man or woman.
This year will be easier in that regard and probably can be set inside the no wake zone. Where we were last year was open to the bay, so you had no choice but to set them in the chop and while underway. By the time you were inside the no wake zone, which did not stop any wakes from the bay, we were too busy turning the boat around to back into the slip to be messing with fenders.

Do you or have you had 12x34 fenders? I didn't say it was impossible, but it's a real hassle when you're tired. They weigh about 2.5 times what an 8in fender weighs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 05-21-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Typos
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook