SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yus View Post
Hello Paulo! I understand you are shocked, but few days ago when I got into a Bavaria 49 I was impressed by the space inside. So I thought "this is what I need in terms of space"! So I'm exploring the possibility to evaluate the purchase of such boat. Of course I mean to get an used one. Budget is still very low, but in the market you can find a good one for 100k€.
That is all. So pls give some opinion about Bavaria on the base of real experiences.
Regards
I don't think that you can find a Bavaria 49 for 100 000€ at least with the VAT paid. I think it is a 2002? boat and the best I could find was 125 000 € with VAT not paid. There is nothing wrong with the boat even if I would not call it an interesting boat. For a mass market boat is a strong boat that was made primarily for charter work and the fact that it was proven very well and was chosen in large scale by charter companies says well about its robustness. But pay attention, 7 years on a boat doing charter can be the equivalent of more than 20 years of use by a typical owner. Almost all the boats you will find in the market will be of decommissioned charter boats.

As I have said the maintenance of a boat will have to do with size and any 10 year's old 50 ft will have a very expensive maintenance if compared with a new or almost new 37ft.

That's my last advice to you , If you want a boat with a very good and big interior to live aboard but small enough to be sailed and maneuvered in a marina by a couple look for an used Oceanis 43 with two cabins. The interior is very well designed and the boat will have more than enough sailing abilities for your program. Probably all the boats you will find in the market with two cabins will not be ex-Charter boats but owner's boats and many of them will be very lightly used. The prices are not bad but well over 100 000€ but not more than what would cost you a new Benetau 37 or a new Azuree 33.

Oceanis 43 / Oceanis / Sailing Yachts - BENETEAU

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook