SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake Bay Eats
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Chicks and Ruths- neat memorbelia and a whos who of former diners, but ....the food is awful and let me expand on Daves (grin). The place is infested with cockroaches and I mean more than the state politicians, so no I wouldnt go for their crabcakes. There are so many other geat places with crabcakes. I love hole in the wall places...but I wont compromise with sanitation. I dont need to get sick.

Annapolis is berift of good restaurants....hard to understand. When the best restaurant food wise in town is a sushi place...you know you are in trouble.

Dave

Dave
Ha ha, when I first read the "berift" statement, I was going to suggest that there are a few decent sushi places. Looks like you beat me to it. I agree that Annapolis doesn't really have many excellent restaurants.

That said, we've enjoyed Level Small Plates Lounge on West street, on several occasions. Decent wines, plus their ingredients are sourced locally--not just the vegetables and crabmeat, but even the bison for the bison carpaccio comes from Maryland.

I'm certainly not arguing for Annapolis culinary "greatness", just mentioning a place downtown that we like and that's a little different from some of the others.
-J