SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 32 performance
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011

jb1528 is on a distinguished road
We did take delivery two weeks ago. We spent the weekend on her in Anacortes last weekend then took her around Cypress Island in the San Juans. We motored most of the way, but did unfurl the headsail in about 12 apparent and made 5.5 or so. Not bad. It was raining pretty good and I didn't want to get the main wet for some reason.

I love this boat already. She has great lines, funky upholstery and a great patina on the cabin sole. Her cabin is cozy, her decks are wide and her motion is gentle. I think she sails just fine. What's not to love.

I think she will take us anywhere in the Northwest we care to go. We are bringing her to her home port Sunday, about 40 nautical miles or so.

Her survey showed an iffy fuel tank so I will change that. I have the new tank and I really really hope my measurements are correct. I'll have to remove the hot water tank to get the old iron tank out. Fingers crossed!

I'm going to need a recommendation for new roller furling as the original Hood furler is not long for this world either, but it is still servicable.

Fair winds

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook