SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is this boat worth saving?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Hartley old man have you ever seen the Slug out of the water ? The British National Health Service performs better to windward. The Sea Witch may well be a bilger but she's a deeper bilger than Yon Slug and that must count for something.

OTOH, Yon Slug is still afloat when seagulls have run aground and deep water anchorages are of no interest whatsoever. What's more she can boil her master a tin of soup without piercing the lid first.
All good points, I agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
DW, further to fixing the diesel. Why not just fling the bloody Volvo overboard and get the slug an outboard. Slug would sail better probably use about the same amount of fuel and you'd pick up a used fourstroke outboard for what it will cost you to fix the Volvo.
As a present Volvo-owner, I'd second that. What's more, it'd be cheaper than fixing up the aforementioned pile of rust and mildew..