SailNet Community - View Single Post - Scanning paper charts?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about the vector charts, I believe they run to about $600? My chart book has a lot of other information in it, and since that's what I actually use for navigation (don't have one of them fancy chartplotters onboard), that's fine, I have that information. I just want it on my laptop at home for browsing and some route planning. I object to paying over and over for the same information, paid tax to pay for the charts to be made, paid out of taxed income to buy a set of paper charts (plus tax of course) and now they want me to do the same thing again to get effectively a photo of them.
For the vector charts I can sort of understand it, there is more useful information in there, I think $600 is stupidly expensive however, it's the same data they use to create the paper charts, it's much cheaper and easier for them to update and reproduce but that's Government departments for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook