SailNet Community - View Single Post - To meet 6-pack requirements?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by surelyujest71 View Post
This is all quite helpful; from what additional research I've been able to come up with, it appears that any boat at all qualifies for "time," as long as it's time spent under way. With my Dolphin Sr, I'd only count time I spent actually sailing back and forth (the nearest lake I can use is pretty small!), and once I manage to disengage from the "anchors" that hold me here in Missouri, I'll be ready to go coastal, and get more time as crew on larger vessels, as well as getting something a bit larger for myself, too.

If anyone has any additional info, I'd be glad to hear it!
I would call the Coast Guard and get their answer to this question. I know my license reads "Master of power and steam" The sailing endorsement is just that an endorsement to the license you earn with your time on a boat with "axillary power"

I would not be surprised if the CG would disallow a boat without mechanical propulsion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook