SailNet Community - View Single Post - ten things I love about my boat
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Great thoughts

1- I love the feeling of freedom it gives me in the wide open ocean with just you the water and the sky

2- I love that it makes me stop and smell the roses of life...my job does the opposite

3- I love that it allows my wife and I to go to some of the most romantic settings imaginable...yet they are so so simple such as in a cove a sunset

4- I love that it lets me drink a great bottle of Pinot Noir watching the sun set and not have to worry about who is driving home

5- I love the feeling of 7 tons accelerating with a puff of wind, and the sound of the sheets tightening

6- I love the mathemetical challenge of finding the fastest easiest way to get to point B with just the wind, the boat and no frigging Garmin or G{S

7- I love the competitiveness of matching skills with others with the same purpose...to pass each other agonizingly slowly ( this from someone who went to Charlotte Motor Speedway last October as a B day present from my wife and averaged 162 mph with a top speed of 183 for 25 laps in a true NASCAR car by myself on the track)

8-I love watching the dolphins swimming alonside while on passages off the coast and seeing them having so much fun playing

9-I love the ferocity of the wind when sailing in big winds and seas

Sounds like I need a 12 step program

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook