SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine Autohelm/Pilot ST4000
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrB View Post
The motor on my Raymarine ST4000 is shot. Raymarine does not have this motor in stock any more nor will they make anymore. So several questions:
  1. Will a "newer" motor work? And if so what is the new part number?
  2. If a "newer" motor will not work, does anyone one know of a source for a motor for this unit? Raymarine part # is N012, retails for $42.00
  3. When I called Raymarine, their options were to buy a new wheel assemble ($600 ish) or try to find someone with NOS of the original motor. Anyone have other ideas?

I looked on eBay already.

DrB
Look on eBay again and find a seller called Kodiakjack99. Contact him and ask if he has the part you need. He purchased a stock of NOS Autohelm stuff and only advertises a portion of what he has available on Ebay.

No relation other than a satisfied customer. He supplied me with a replacement receptical for my AH4000 when a guest accidently snapped mine off, and just recently (still sitting in the box at home) a replacement "brain" for my 4000. Neither item was listed on ebay.

I found out about him through an ealier post here on SN and he has been very accomodating and helpful.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook