SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011

Chimbatete is on a distinguished road
Paulo,

Thanks for the post, lots of insights as always. You really nailed it down from whats fantasy to whats real and your needs. You're doing us all a favor. Of course as for the dream, the Dragonfly 35 is as good as it gets even at that price except for the room below. Thats why I preferred the DF 1200 but like you said, it needs updating.

First, note that I sail out of Lake Ontario and most of the boats you posted would make sense (cruiser/racer type). In hindsight, looking at boats like the PSC's, IP's, Shannons and older boats like the Tayanas and Crealocks wouldn't make sense.

Heres my wish list,

Sirius 38ds, a bit bigger than the 35. Cant afford it but that cabin view is the greatest for a sailboat this size.

The Luffe 40.04. Thing is fast but looks solid (moreso than the X-yachts) seems ready to cross oceans anytime. Beautiful but also must be unaffordable.

The new X-Yachts 42c. Ill have to sell my house and proceeds would be the 1st payment of a 6 month payment plan.

The Dragonfly 35. Only if it were bigger, its the perfect sailboat (mono, Multi, tri) even with the price tag.

The Malo 37-41. This would be the sensible choice and it can be had reasonably used. Perfect cruising boat with performance here.

Morris M42. I'll be happy daysailing forever if someone gives it to me. Hands down the most beautiful boat 42ft and under maybe ever. The type of purchase you indulge yourself to by using inheritance money.

But the boat that I can realistically have is the RM 1200. If the build quality is there, with its price, what more could you ask for? Beauty, Fast, Fun, wife, kids, liveaboard, regattas, coastal, even ocean if that becomes a reality. The interior is a love it of hate it and ive seen some set ups, its awesome!

Chuck

Last edited by Chimbatete; 06-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook