SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kanberra gel
Thread: Kanberra gel
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
My "believe it" meter is rising. We arrived today after being closed up for four days. The salon was better than usual but not enough to be certain it wasn't cooler temps, although it was very hot earlier in the week.

Then we opened the heads. I had a single one oz container in two of our three heads. I chose the two that are usually the most in need of airing out. One has the macerator outlet under the counter and is always the toughest, as I'm sure it's impossible to fully clean that line out.

I stuck my nose in the one head that did not have any Kanberra gel (the one that is usually in the best shape). It had the standard back drop of odor, not horrible, but notable until you run some fresh water any get it aired out. Then I went to the one that usually gets your attention after being closed up (the one with the macerator outlet). Practically no odor at all. I said nothing and just asked my wife to check them out. She said the bad one only smelled like stale air, no sewage at all.

This may be the real deal. They make a refill container and I may be leaving these full in the bilge and heads all season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook