SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to go, Belize, Bahamas or Turks & Caicos
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011

mtboat is on a distinguished road
Belize is not safe

My friend operates a croc recovery foundation in Belize. The local witch, said that some missing children, were fed by the white man to the crocs. He was across island and the villagers burned down his house and killed a few crocs. Threatened to burn him out again. He found a new town in the north to rebuild and recover. Still threatening him and his wife. Why? Because they are white.
I began to read the comments in the local paper and tv, and tried to bring some sense to this, and was immediately in on line arguments, with Belezians, and experienced first hand having my life threatened. I began to read other news stories of Americans, particularly white, that are treated badly there.
One lady was accused of running her car into a local drunk on a motor bike.
The witnesses all stated that she was stopped at a stop sign, and not even moving when the idiot with no lights smashed into her. The cops arrested her. She cannot leave the country. The news blogs came to life. She should be killed, they said. Damn white people with money.
Do a Google search for
ACES Crocodile Sanctuary Burned down. and stay out of Belize, the most hateful and racist place I have ever encountered.
In the blogs I mentioned my intent to tell the sailboat /cruisers about the situation. The people said they don't care, they don't want your money.