SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran for beach: Hobie Wave/Getaway or something else?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Personally, I lost all respect for Hobie when they switched from catamarans to ...

... beach toys. Although I may change my tune if I can find a ride on a Wildcat. What I saw looked very intersting.

Buy a used 16, 17, or 18. Much better sailors. Or for that matter a Prindle 16 will be lighter and easier to haul (320 pounds).

Beach wheels work if it is pretty level and flat. Otherwise, with 2 people they can manage a lot.

Whether they are hard to right depends on many variables; weather (actually easier when it's blowing), size of the person, the boat, and whether the mast gets water in it. All are simple with 2 people. I like the Hobie 17 or the Prindle 16 for ease by a single sailor (160 pound minimum).

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pdqaltair; 06-07-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook