SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recent Convert To Sail
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011
Crotchety Old Member

tomperanteau is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCarolena View Post
Welcome! My wife and I became converts about four years ago when we bought our first sailboat. I grew up on the water, but aside from screwing around once in a sunfish on a lake, we had zero sailing experience. It can be frustrating sometimes when the wind is light and/or coming from the wrong direction to get where you want to go, but we love it. I'm a firm believer in the saying that on a powerboat it is all about the destination, a sailboat is the destination. I also love telling my powerboat friends that we just added five gallons if diesel and that because we are using the boat a lot it may last us only a month. That said, do keep up with your powerboat friends - they come in handy when it is really hot, there is no wind, or you want a quick ride to a restaurant.
LOL! I've been known to offer a powerboat friend a tow if be runs out of gas...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Footprints

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube

1969 Crealock/Columbia 36 Sloop completely refitted in 2000 and new Yanmar in 2006.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook