SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morris
Thread: Morris
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquestforfun View Post
My wife and I had the pleasure of sailing a Morris M36 recently and loved the experience. This boat is a true single handed vessel with a self tacking jib and push button sail control. We currently sail a Catalina 42 which is a great boat but as we get older less work and fewer crew would be nice. I have a hard time spending $400,000 for the Morris M36. They only sell about 6 a year so even the used ones hold their value. Does anyone know of any similar designed sailboats that might be at a lower price point? thanks
Go visit the Catalina factory and watch them build a boat then go to see Cuyler and the boys up in Trenton and then tell me that the price is too much... You can't compare the construction quality of a Morris to much outside of its price class. There are no cut corners on a Morris and attention to detail is about as good as it gets. Some models of Morris Yachts today sell for more money that they originally sold for. Can't say that about to many boats...

I have had the opportunity to visit many boat builders and Morris really sets themselves apart. To truly understand a Morris and their price you need to see how they are built...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook