SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWhy View Post
What an incredibly clean job of hiding the lines. It looks fantastic. And fast! The stern wave is a good 1/4 boat length behind in some of those shots.

I'm curious about your comment about the "absence of mast" in the interior. There's definitely a compression post, or even keel-stepped mast, in the interview video. I don't speak Danish, but the gist seemed to come across well in the images.

The raise-able roof does seem a bit gimmicky. Having spent time in the "pilot house" of a Lagoon 420 dockominium, I would trade some of the windage for some side lights. And I guess the sun-bed option conflicts with installing a traveler on the cockpit floor. Still, I like what they're showing.
Yes, you are right about the compression post. I got confused with this: Tthe traditional mast bulkhead is replaced by a frame and an extra stiff deck construction. Of course they are talking about the bulkhead not the compression post...that and my desire to see a sailboat with an open space and without a compression post (I have edited the post).

By the way, welcome to the thread

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 06-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook