SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1st year of O'day 22 1972 or 1973?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011

PPPPPP42 is on a distinguished road
I really just need to know because I need to send in for a title next week and since this boat was abandoned I honestly don't have a clue what year it is. (don't need the lecture I always get on this, we do titles for boats abandoned at the repair place here all the time)

It would be really cool to have a first year oday 22 though it would probably actually make it worth less since this design was obviously a learning process over the years and the later ones were likely better boats.

That aside all I have to go on it that it was made pre Nov 72 since it has the early style hull number/class number plate that O'day used instead of the usual HIN number.

I suppose I'll just title it as a 72 then since that's when it was produced.

EDIT: I love how even on that link it says first built 1972 but all the references on the rest of the page are 73-79.
Jim I had assumed that the few 72's I had seen were titled in error later on based on the build date, but if yours was a '72 that early on (probably 2nd owner?) then they must have been titling them based on the build date right from the start back then instead of the intended model year.

Last edited by PPPPPP42; 06-21-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook