SailNet Community - View Single Post - Possible end of season trip!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Denise,

Donna and I have been that route a number of times. You will love it You will find the ocean more forgiving than the river and a pleasent sail. AC is 27 miles or about 6 hours from Cape May. Is your mast height less than 55 ( anteanes included). If so you can do Cape May Canal. Chesapeake City is a waste of 4 hours...2 in and 2 out. Better hanging at Delaware City or behind Reedy Island and riding the express down to Cape May ( outgoing tide). Trip from Reedy to CM Canal is 52 miles. 6-7 hours with current ( course it will turn against you at about the 5 hour mark. Better tide distance when coming back

I would stay 2 days in Cape May at Utsches marina...friends of ours. In Atlantic City be prepared to pay 5+ per foot unless you dock at Kammermans just acccross from the Farley State Marina on Clam Creek. There iot is 2.5 per foot and a 3 minute dinghy ride across the creek basin to the State Marina. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook