SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailboat number deux
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011
The Brinlae Rose Lives

stevegmusic is on a distinguished road
sailboat number deux

well...after dumping the wife into lake Waco and having to be towed ashore by a kindly old man and his grandson, I sold my bucc18. She was a fun boat, lots of power and a blast to sail; but not quite the "wine and cheese" experience that the wife was lookin for.
So I defected to the powered camp and grabbed a 1975 Ebko 18' bowrider last season for a song. My lovely "sweetpea" runs great and is just the thing for a landlubber-ish spouse.

But the call of the wind was too much and a good buddy bequeathed unto me a Gulfcoast 18. He moved out of state and couldn't take this one with him. So now I am the proud owner of this boat that I know nothing about. I've never sailed a swing-keel before, do they feel as solid on their feet as a fixed? She looks to be rigged real simple, so I think I can get it at least moving. If anyone has any experience on this type of boat, I would love to hear about it. She looks to be pretty docile, but as always, looks can be very deceiving. They say if I can sail a bucc, I can sail about anything, but who knows...right?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook