SailNet Community - View Single Post - Travel to Venezuela
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011

travelseeker is on a distinguished road
Red face Travel to Venezuela

Hello! About five years ago I had the experience of being hired on as crew to deliver a boat from Trinidad to Ft. Lauderdale. It was a motor boat, but the experience of island hopping changed me forever and I am hoping to recreate the experience with my family.

We are preparing to move back to my husband's home country of Venezuela and have fantasized about being able to travel by boat to get there. He's 32, I'm 28 and we have two kids in tow. We are looking to hire a boat (a sailboat would be nice - but I'll readily admit that neither one of us has sailing experience besides the occasional day trip on a friends boat) but are willing for any boat.

Our ideal situation would be to work with an owner/captain to pay for the expenses and also be able to help in any capacity that we could (it would be great to learn some new skills) - obviously there are kids involved so that might be somewhat hard.

So where do I start? Any resource suggestions would be welcome. I'm not sure where to look online or how to going about making contacts. This place seemed like a good start.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook