SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kiss Squirrel Cove Goodbye?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
I agree with Jack, it's just too difficult to get to, we see lot's of southern people leaving their boats in Campbell River but as usual we also have plenty of un-utilized moorage at all the marinas here over the winter months and even this summer so I just don't buy it as being a better alternative. From what I understand most of the marinas/resorts on the outlying islands up here are not making it and the ones that are, are just squeaking by as it is.

I did notice that Jacks Boat Yard in Lund has completed it's expansion which is quite substantial. I took a walk through there a few months ago and there must have been 6o or more boats on the hard. I suspect most of them are southern boats being stored there for the winter.

As a side note, the Powell River Marina expansion with all new docks is complete and boats are moving in there now. They are still working on the waterfront revitalization (very nice improvement) and they should be starting on the transient/commercial rafting floats soon.
[edit] be aware that your charts will likely not reflect the substantially longer breakwater extending from the ferry dock past the fuel dock and beyond the small container wharf to the south.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse

Last edited by Bilgewater; 06-27-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook