SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kiss Squirrel Cove Goodbye?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011

GraemeInCanada is on a distinguished road
Yikes, that's just bad. Here's what I submitted to them and I encourage everybody else to write at least something to put your vote in:

I would like to put my vote in to strongly encourage a proper study into the severe effects this will have on the local environment. With a capacity of upwards of 388 boats, there is no way the cove can handle that kind of discharge of gray or even black water, there will be all kinds of "accidents" and the whole area will just become completely inhospitable to any marine life. This is not the way to "develop" such a pristine area, you might as well just pave over the whole area and invite every car around to idle there for the summer.

People don't go to this area to congregate in large groups and watch the environment be destroyed for the mighty dollar. This area should be heavily protected and nurtured for future generations, not developed for 1/10th of a generation to create irreparable repercussions for future generations.