SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fireworks in Rock Hall and Herrington Harbor South (HHS)
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Rock Hall Fireworks

Rock Hall fireworks are set off from the harbor. Boats start anchoring just outside and south of the entrance near GC "1". Last year they started arriving the evening before the fireworks (this year they are on Sunday). Judging by the amount of anchor lights, it was full (it's a smallish area) but even the boats the farthest away would have no problem seeing the display so there really isn't any reason to rush to get there as far as I can tell except to not be stuck out too far into the channel. Our slip is in Gratitude so we usually take chairs over to the jetty and we have no problems seeing from even that far away. Last year my mother never even left the boat.

I felt fortunate for my slip as we watched the boats leaving at the end of the night. There were boats shooting out of the harbor, boats leaving the anchorage and then of course there are the small runabouts with no running lights on at all weaving in and out of the other boats. But that's probably typical of most fireworks events.

I like watching from Rock Hall because I can look up and down the bay and see the fireworks from other towns as well. It's rather nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook