SailNet Community - View Single Post - Caliber LRC 40
Thread: Caliber LRC 40
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011

hasuehounds is on a distinguished road
Our boat is simlar to Escape, solar panels, battery system, sails and furling systems and tankage. We love the tankage, we only carry jerry jugs for gasoline for the honda 2000 generator and the outboard. We carry two spare water jugs for just extra water (we carry 200) but i keep the extra for the shower bag and should i need extra water.
We also have onboard a pur water filter, which is wonderful, weve had some uky tasting water in different places esp south and it filters it all to wonderful drinking water, and when were on the move, there is no soda or extras, so water is a big deal
We do not have a washing system on board, due to space, and we didnt get a water maker for that reason and also we dont want to run the engine and burn fuel to make water! Esp when we carry 200 gallons.
This boat is NOT A COASTAL CRUISER, IT IS NOT A RACE BOAT. If you want only to do local, coastal stuff, spend your money on a hunter. That is what they are famous for is local cruising.
IF YOU WANT A BOAT THAT CAN TAKE A BEATING IN STORMS, MANAGE HIGH WAVES, BIG SEAS, LOTS OF WIND ( I MEAN OVER 20KNTS) AND EXTREME CONDITONS WITH LOTS OF STABLITY, TANKAGE AND GOOD CREATURE COMFORTS (WITH MODIFICATIONS BY YOU) ITS A FABULOUS BOAT
on our boat we have gone to the Bahamas, (crossed the gulf with no problem) thru to the Turks and Caicos, Thru the MONA PASSAGE ( not the easiest waterways, very unpredictable) Down to the DR, PR, and to the USVIs
This year our travels this winter will take us to Trinidad, Tabago and perhaps the ABC islands of the lesser antillies.
This boat can manage light air, but its not a sailboat that is known for light air sailing, should you decide you have to have a caliber and sail in conditions where light air is always an issue, i suggest you invest in a good Spinnaker sail for a caliber (they do have to be fitted to your boat size ) for a person who sails light air all the time (like in the chessie) then its either you choose a boat made for only
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook