SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011 Sun Odyssey 409
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
rockdawg, yes the 409 price is pretty good for a boat it's size. But we all know, you get what you pay for. Some of the feedback from people who have crawled all over the boat, wasn't as enthusiastic as the hype from europe will lead you to believe.
Thanks for the useful citation. I need to read very critical review to make an informed decision.

Last night after 3 days sailing and get back to Annapolis, we stopped by the Jeanneau dealer to look at the boat. It was late, the office was closed by all the boats are in water. I took a closer look. I am happy with the new approach and design work, but many thing were put together for form over function.

I have made an appointment to see the broker. They also have a program that we can charter the boat before we commit. It will be wonderful if we can charter for two weeks for an off-shore trial. For all indication, I believe the 409 is made for coastal and bay sailing. My question is will she sail comfortably and take care herself like HR39, Sabre 40 or Caliber 40 LCR in the rough sea.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook