SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011 Sun Odyssey 409
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
I am not familiar with the 409. Have not seen her or sailed her. But I am curious how you build a 40' boat at $200k? Wow. The C400's new will run you well into the 200s with your final bill likely into the low 3's after you get everything you want on them. At least that is what a dealer told me.

I would at least look at a Bene 40 and a C400 for comparrison. I like the Sabres too. But I don't think you will touch any of them in the 200k range... not realistically.

Hope that helps. Good luck with the purchase.

Brian
Yes, 200K for 40 footer is very good price, this price also includes a pair of reversible electric Harken winches. I beleive this is due to their aggressive research in developing better manufacturing process - strong, less costly and faster. Cutting down or use cheaper material like using more particle board (IKEA style). Automated their plant so less labor cost. I fear if this trend continues, the small time boat builders will be the beginning of their end. Soon all it left are the mega manufactures and a handful of boutique boat builders who are cater to the high-end market.

Survival of the fittest, the natural selection is brutal, unfair and discriminating for those being replaced.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook