SailNet Community - View Single Post - Say hello to me dinghy
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011

turbulicity is on a distinguished road
Say hello to me dinghy

I just got a sailing dinghy handed to me. I borrow my slip neighbor's laser for a sail with my 4 year old son the other day. It wasn't the most comfortable and my son got a little scared of the whole thing

The same neighbor found me a sailing dinghy the day after. Picture of it next to the mother ship is attached below. It has a label saying Clark Boat Co. I believe it is a 10' dinghy with a 18' aluminum mast. The mast is foil shaped and has a slot for a bolt-rope kind sail. It has a head stay and two shrouds angling back slightly. No boom, loose footed. No jib, only main. The boat is in very good shape, apart from lots of dirt, old lines, dirty sail etc... Just years of non-use. Hull is fiberglass, no cracks, repairs, patches.

I told my son that it was his boat. He got super excited but he is still afraid to go sail with me. I could only got him to sit in the boat so far. I go out sailing myself almost everyday. A lot of fun, awesome for learning and hopefully a family activity in the near future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinghy.jpg (29.1 KB, 177 views)