SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fireworks?
Thread: Fireworks?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
If your boat is moored at Steppingstone marina (I think it might be) I think you would likely see a pretty decent fireworks show right from your mooring. I'd bet there might be fireworks displays at Orchard Beach, Manhassett Harbor, Mamaroneck, Greenwich, Glen Cove. There might even be a show inside Little Neck Bay, I'm just not sure.
On a recent 4th of July (last year?) I watched the fireworks in Glen Cove from land in Sea Cliff and we could see the fireworks across the Sound at several locations and some of the displays from Manhasset Harbor.
If you are feeling lucky you could sail out to around Execution Rocks and see multiple shows going on as the view from the water has to be the best. I choose to be on land for the 4th fireworks displays because the waters get pretty crowded with other boaters who are celebrating with alcohol and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, I'll be enjoying beer on the 4th for sure; just not out on my boat. Not sure about the whatnot.
Enjoy.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook