SailNet Community - View Single Post - To capsize or not!
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Hey, welcome to Sailnet! I had a Hunter 23 before my Oday 30. So I have some experience in your type boat. I would say this; Have you ever tried to "capsize" your boat? Chances are it would be very difficult and the tiller would break or rip out of your hands because she will want to "round up" (point into the wind) first. Not recommended! The specs seem to indicate she's self righting also. Reefing. too late when the wind pipes up. On open water less is more" when the winds increase. Spilling the sails is good yet at some point you may be dipping the boom. you NEED to know your weather. Reefs are easy to let out and difficult to make in a blow.

Suggestions; Seal up the ports and cabin. Go and try to capsize your boat! See how much she will take to prove to you she's more able then you in a blow. (have a friend with another boat on standby)

Pretty boat! this may not be your actual boat.
[IMG]Neptune 24 CB drawing on sailboatdata.com[/IMG]

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deniseO30; 07-04-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook