SailNet Community - View Single Post - I saved an O'day 22 today.
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011

sailguy40 is on a distinguished road
I would say you did get lucky to find two boats that you can combine to get one good one. Too bad the new one you bought had a broken rudder, if it was good I would have definitely made you an offer on one. Also If you lived around here, I may have bought the trailer The interior looks like its in pretty good shape on the second one you bought. You are going to be happy when you get it all up and sailing. Just to give you some ideas or whatever else, you can check out this video I took yesterday of mine here... YouTube - ‪Touring SV Tropic Spirit‬‏ I went to do some cleaning and rearranging things. I think she is a pretty girl now and when I put in the tropical vinyl wallpaper on the galley walls next week, its going to look really nice! You see I am into that classy stained wood yacht look which is why when I replace my hatch covers in a couple weeks, I am going to make it out of wood instead of smoked plexi glass. It takes more maintenance but with a little effort I think it just looks so much classier.

After I get my new rudder, I am going to be getting really fancy within the next few months, kind of like how custom auto fans get into fixing up their cars. Thats how I am getting with my sailboat which is turning quickly into a mini yacht and a new hobby. I will be putting in a small LCD TV, some LED rope lights in the cabin interior, a couple flags on the shrouds, a small fridge and other things such as tech gadgets. When this is all done, I am posting another video and I hope when people watch it and board her they will get that 'wow' factor.

"The sound of the sea, is becoming very familiar to me."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook