SailNet Community - View Single Post - Amature woman looking to crew Mexico/Carib November 2006
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I just saw your thread.

Most of the sailors I have met are really good, very honest people with lots of integrity. That would be MOST of the sailors. I have met people I would not want to be on the same dock with... much less the same boat. Any boat can become a very small place very quickly.

As a young, 23 year old woman... PLEASEEEEEEEE be extrememly cautious on who you sign up with for something like that. PLEASE!! Please do your references on THEM and put in place a float plan that includes all of your relatives knowing who and where and when you are going with. Please run the sex offenders registry before you even consider stepping on their boat. Make them provide a resume with references to make sure they actually know how to sail!! If they do not want to do that, don't go. The Pacific can be very dicey... and that is an understatement.

If you want a water adventure, why don't you consider signing up with a cruise line and crewing on that. You will see a lot more places, rest a lot more confortably at night, meet a lot more people, minimize the whole sex predator thing, and get paid for doing it.

Just my opinion. I am not your father, just a concerned father.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook